The hormonal ramblings of an Art Mama.

Friday, October 14, 2005

Is there something in the water that causes Aussies to act in the manner in which they do? I ask this question in response to a cute little factoid that Cindy brought to my attention, involving garden gnomes, artistic expression and (I suspect) large quantities of beer. Cindy writes:

"My sister sent me a note from Australia the other day describing that Canberra holds a yearly garden gnome festival in which Australians submit thousands of hand painted garden gnomes which are then displayed on the parliamentary lawn. Attached is a pic of my sister's fave - two gnomes painted to resemble band members of KISS. I'm showing my heavy metal roots here, but I think they're Gene Simmons and Ace Frehley*. You've got to appreciate a culture like this."


*Cindy, your heavy metal roots are showing ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home